- CFRP or FRP composites, with advanced strength, fracture toughness, heat and cold resistant etc.
- Metallic materials (steel and aluminum), requiring strength, heat resistance, creep resistance and textiles (rubberaramid, or other) with better strength heat resistance.
- Corrosion and fouling resistance.
- Pipeline design and analysis, corrosion resistance studies and prevention.
- Assessment of hydrogen related failures, H2S, Stress Corrosion Cracking, etc.
- Fracture mechanics and fatigue.
- Engineering critical Assessment.
Structural design and analysis
- Ship and marine structures with metallic and composite materials.
- Offshore structures and installations, especially for pipelines and risers and deep offshore-seabed installations.
- Deep ocean and large sea depths structures.
- Composite Structures for marine, offshore and aerospace industry.
NDT (NonDestructive Testing)
- Ultrasonic testing.
- Eddy current testing.
- Alternating Current Field Measurement.
- Long range ultrasonics.
- Magnetic Flux Leakage.
- Visual inspection and image analysis.
- Metallographic replication.
- Acoustic emission.
- Vibration analysis.
- Customised software for predictive maintenance.
- Customised predictive maintenance systems based on acoustic emission, vibration and oil analysis.
- Remote Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Centres.
Remote Condition Monitoring
- ESI manufactures customised predictive maintenance hardware and nondestructive testing equipment. The company specialises in the development of acoustic emission and vibration analysis systems.
- ESI develops software for data logging, data trending, advanced signal processing and intelligent decision support for maintenance purposes.
- ESI also develops Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Centres which are customised according to the requirements of the customers.
- Hull Girder Strength real time monitoring for ships.
- Investigations of failures in ship structures
- Investigations on defects and failures on pipelines
- Root cause analysis